I finished up a couple craft projects this weekend. One was a taggie for my friend's rainbow baby. I am very excited that she is expecting again after her loss last year.
I kept trying to think of ways to use the ribbon in a rainbow pattern and came up with a couple layouts. The tags are in the middle of the blanket instead of at the top, but I just liked them better that way. I had enough scraps for a second taggie that I'll put up in my Etsy store.
These started out as two 13 x 13" squares of fabric and turned out shy of 12" square once finished.
Let me tell you, that minky fabric is super cuddly, but it absolutely stinks to sew with. I did spring for two bucks worth of wash away stabilizer to applique the clouds onto each blanket and ended up using strips around the edge of the blanket to try to keep my thread from breaking. It was better than sewing the fabric on it's own, but not by much. I don't play well with knits in general, but the job got done.
I hope you like it R - and I can't wait to see that beautiful baby!